Thread: dazzle fusion external capture card

Default dazzle fusion external capture card

i am trying to copy some old vhs tapes and analog cam corder tapes to dvd...bought this dazzle fusion because it looked the easiest option.but it says i need a compact flash/microdrive and sd/mmc-smartcard-memmory stick.haven't got a clue what there going on about.do i need to get all of these or just some of them and if so which 1's are the best to get ( cheapest would be helpful aswell ).i have a pent 4 2.80ghz.processor. 2.79ghz and 512 ram on a dell.i also have a belkin usb video bus.sorry if this seems to easy for you but a bit new at this copying game...any help would be gratefully appreciated..cheers nicko

Default re: dazzle fusion external capture card

If all you want to do is transfer some old VHS footage tothe PC then you don't need to worry about the compact flash etc etc.

I bought one of these (found cheap in Dixons of all places!) for the purpose of transferring old VHS to PC (then later to DVD).

Worked like a charm first time. The compact flash bit is simply that the unit acts as a multi card reader as well as an analogue-to-digital transfer card.

Open up Windows Explorer witht eh unit turned on. You should find you have two extra disk drives. Clicking on them shoudl result in a message of the form 'insert a disk into driv x'. If you have a digital card you can insert it into the appropriat eslot and simply read the card as though it were a disk drive.

But for video transfer you don't need to worry about all that.

I do my captures using the s/w supplied, giving me nice large avi files which then get imported in Premiere.

Let me know if you need more.

Alan

Default dazzle capture card

thank you very very much millsy..much appreciated..will try it .let you know how i got..cheers again nicko