i wasn't sure what category this question fits, this seemed like th most likely place to start, so here goes......
after editing and mixing my first experimental movies with sony vegas, and burning them as HUGE avi files, i wanted to put clips on my website. the problem is, of the zillions of convertors and compressors i have tested, none seem to offer satisfactory results---the files still tend to be too big for quick upload and download(about 1-2 meg), and have horrible quality, at best. my imaginary solution is to render the files at size 160X120, and embed a streaming player that plays only at that size(maybe plays double the size max), and hope that the files can be clicked and pop right up. new problem---- i have a vivid imagination and am having trouble finding a solution for this idea. i downloaded a skin called tiny player, but i doesn't seem to want to play video, only visualizations, and the creator of said skin says it may be a bit "buggy" anyway. any ideas, solutions, or referrals to a more pertinent topic board are greatly appreciated.

gene