Thread: Beste way to make this kind of "multiple Crop" in Premiere? (video link)

Default Best way to make this kind of "multiple Crop" in Premiere? (video link)

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum (it's my first post) and actually i'm new to video editing to!

I recently started to try and edit a music video for my band, but since the footage isn't all that great, i thought of spicing it up with something like the video i'm linking bellow (but diferent).

In this video (example at 0:17), the director uses 3 times the same part of the image, but what i want to do is gradually show portions of the image that is going to fill the screen

The only way that i found of doing this is with "crop". but for every "square" i want to show i have to make a copy of the clip... and this seems do be "power consuming" for my computer, not to mention unpractical.

So, is there a better way of doing it?

P.S - Pardon my english, it's not my main language.
    Last edited by elKapone; 03-15-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Look on YouTube for tutorials for "Picture in Picture in Premiere" Then do it multiple times

Something like this

That's how i do it, but that means that if i have to do 7 ot 8 "squares" of images, than i need 7 or 8 copys of the video... isn't there a simpler way of doing it?

well, my computer isn't the most adequate machine for video edit, but it's ok. I have an Imac dual core with 4gigs of ram... i will invest in more Ram and a firewire disk as soon as i can...

Anyway, i just thought that there could be a plugin for this tipe of thing... because i'm not going for that BD stile of thing, i am trying to make graphical compositions with the videos, and more shapes (other than just rectangules) would be great!...

Maybe i can make an animation in AE whith opaque forms and then use that animations as a think it would work??