Thread: Rendering Issue

Default Rendering Issue

Hello, I am using Sony Vegas 9, I have put together a video partially filmed on my iPhone 4S, and partially filmed on my JVC Everio, Both shot in HD. When I go to render the movie in a .wmv Vegas says I have low system memory, and thats not correct with 12 gigs of ram, and I checked and still had 9 available at the time, I even restarted my computer so nothing was running, and found same result. I tried many other formats, .avi, .mpg, .mov, and .mp4, And the results of that was the playback was extremly laggy, and when I went to check their file size and they where all exactly 25GIGs, and thats outrageous, I should probably note all the footage raw was only 5 gigs, also edited the movie is about 3-4 minutes. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting That is a picture of my video settings. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated

Clinton Penner
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ClintonP929; 03-15-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Are you using the 64 bit version of Vegas on a 64bit version of Windows ?

This kind of issue can sometimes simply require a re-boot to sort out.

Yes I am running a 64 Bit version on my 64 bit machine, and I have re booted vegas and my computer many times, unless you mean re install? Thanks for reply

Ok that's good, I did mean re-boot as I have known doing this to free up memory that was being used from previous programs and then for it to be ok. However I have re read your first post and see you have already done this. So sorry I should pay more attention to what I'm reading.

The next thing to look at is the setting on the dynamic RAM preview make sure this is not too high as it can take up memory, I am however beginning to suspect this is either an OS issue or possibly even a hardware issue ie badly fitter or duff memory which is only working intermittently. Do you have any software which can analyze your hardware performance.

Also I get you project properties are 1080p but your rendering setting are important to know if it wasn't just the standard .wmv template.

I had all the Render setting correct, problem solved now, I just imported it into a trail version of Vegas 10, and rendered it and it worked out great!

Oh that's good.