Thread: Best sytems to run Sony Vegas Pro 11??

1. Default Best sytems to run Sony Vegas Pro 11??

Hi, I am currently waiting for funds to become available so I can purchase a new computer, I have some projects that are well over due editing and am looking to get started as soon as I have a new system set up, I know what editing software I wish to use that being sony vegas pro 11 so I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on what the best computer, whether laptop of desktop, is most efficient at running it. Also I am using a sony z1 and wish to upload files from mini dv using a firewire connection so the computer would need and ilink port also, ideally the system would cope perfectly with high definition footage also as apposed to having to down convert it as I am doing now.

If anyone can provide any opinions at all I would be very gratefull indeed. thankyou for reading and I hope to hear from some of you.

regards,

Mark

I'm not a computer expert at all. So I'd recommend reading the hardware section in this form for further tips. If you can go for a i7 processor level and with Vegas Pro 11 it will take advantage of a cuda enabled graphics card, so this is another thing to look at. I would aim to have three hard drives. One for programs and the OS, SSD is best if you can afford it. The get a 500Gb for working media ie media files of projects you are working on. Finally get a 2Tb storage drive. Keep in mind you will need to extend your storage as HD files are big. SO have some USB or ESATA sockets for external drives.

Thats about the full extent of my knowledge on the subject.

The key item is, What is your budget.

Once we have a figure we can work up to that figure, But right now the sky is the limit!

4. Default

Hi guys thanks for the responses, my budget is around 1000-1200 for the computer