Thread: DVD PLAYBACK IS LOUSY

Default DVD PLAYBACK IS LOUSY

Hi There

New to this forum. My question is about capturing video from VCR. Got 12 year old precious footage that i wanted on my computer for editing and then placing on dvd. Got myself Dazzle to convert it into my PC, works fine.

Problem is there's a huge reduction in quality when i stick in the burnt dvd into my standalone dvd player. Even when i set the dvd to burn at highest possible quality, I get this blurry/pixilated/choppy version of the clear footage i put into the computer. I'm using Nero to burn.

The PC is brand new, a Dell Dimension 5000 with over 1 gig of ram and 80 gigs of hard drive and a cpu pentium 4. I don't have a firewire outlet so my only option with old tapes or my new mini dv cam is to hook up the dazzle cable. Is that the issue?

If installing a firewire port resolves this, does anyone know what those things cost you to buy? Any ideas as to how to stop this problem would be really appreciated!

Many thanks,

Yoda

:firewire:
    firewire PCI cards are pretty cheap, about 15-20 max, if you're using USB this will most likely be the cause of your problem, It's definitely worth getting a firewire card.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

... but then you have to give up the USB device (Dazzle), because it has no Firewire connection, and get an ADC (like Canopus), which will add at least another $100 to your grand total.

or use the passthrough on the camera.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables