Thread: Slow Internet connect. Timed out

Default Slow Internet connect. Timed out

Just a quick tip

If you have had problems with slow Internet connections, Link timed out, or disconnection. Youtube videos take forever to load syndrome. Like I did, most annoying. after cleaning out temp files etc. Shut down computer and disconnect the router or modem box and filter plug from the phone line. Leave for 10 minutes then re connect. Seemed to cure the problem.

You forgot to say you also have to stand in the centre of a pentagram, put your finger in your ears, close your eyes and chant monosyllabic nonsense for 5 mins.

Had to laugh.
    Well spotted Midnight! I did forget. I was waiting for someone to spot that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You forgot to say you also have to stand in the centre of a pentagram, put your finger in your ears, close your eyes and chant monosyllabic nonsense for 5 mins.
    I never put my fingers in my ears MB I like to hear my chanting

Actually I do this periodically (ie) once a week.

I use "virgin media 30mb cable service"

When I phoned them up a technical guy advised not to leave super hub connected all the time (which I was doing)

But once or twice a week disconnect and leave over night and then reconnect in the morning ....don't know why but that is what I do (ie) (once a week off over night )

What do you guys do (ie( leave connected all the time ???

Don't use the router DNS server, Specify one like Google DNS. 8.8.8.8

Even a simple change like that can work wonders for your connection...

Mines on 24 / 7, until slow connection or wireless does not allow me to get to it's home page.
    Then it's full re-boot time.

I stick my fingers in my ears and sing Ting A Ling A Loo

Some great comments on this one.

I usually leave my box connected all the time.

Others are having the same problem too. Seems to be an epidemic. Come to think of it I had a similar problem with the Work computer they checked the BT Lines all proved to show no faults. They advised turning off the modem. So we turned the modem off every night and it seemed to make a difference. I found as well if you leave a website connected for any period of time during the day and leave it for an hour without touching the computer the whole thing seems to fill up and it gets stuck. Then release itself like an elastic band. TWANG!

Mind you I did conclude that because I am In Paignton right down the bottom of the country, maybe that's it. Things including people slow right down from Exeter downwards.

Think that is a solution !
    Hey that is not only your problem ,others are having the same problem too.When I phoned , then a technical guy advised not to leave connected .

solved that in a proper way..............any idea.......