Thread: Vegas and Fraps (weird rendering issue)

Default Vegas and Fraps (weird rendering issue)

Hello there,
    I currently have this weird rendering issue with Vegas where it would just freeze while rendering (the "time left" timer still counting down to zero). I would then have to exit the program via task manager.
    At the moment this only seems to be happening when I import I recorded with fraps...and...(here comes the weird part) change their playback speed?! If I'd just leave the playback speed on 1 everything seems to be fine (at least while rendering). The thing is I need to change the playback speed of my clip. Also, Vegas doesn't even give me any kind of error message. Besides that sometimes if I just move around the timeline I get the error "unrecognised frame format. install the latest version of fraps" (i have the latest version...).

I tried reinstalling fraps (to reinstall the codec) AND vegas (also in other locations since i have my clips on E: and my program on C: but having vegas on E: changes nothing...).

Also I didn't encounter this error until yesterday...I was fine with rendering and such until that...told you it's weird ^^

Seems kind of hopeless but maybe someone is able to help me

and yes, I converted it to lagarith codec also once to try it but it wouldn't render either

I use Vegas 11.0
    Last edited by fuerchter; 03-12-2012 at 07:13 PM.

So what has changed between now and yesterday ?

??? I said the error didn't occur until yesterday
    And I really don't know what I changed, I had similar issues before but just very randomly but now they happen regularly -.-

I had many problems with Fraps and not just in Vegas, other video editing programs too, it seems that it just uses a pretty poor codec but im stuck with fraps because i cant find anything better. (well i found one thing 20x better that works flawlessly in every video editing software apart from vegas, typical lol)
    Last edited by Shockwave.EXE; 03-13-2012 at 08:54 PM.