Thread: Use "Pair as Stereoscopic 3D subclip" on multiple clips/pictures

Default Use "Pair as Stereoscopic 3D subclip" on multiple clips/pictures

I have VMS HDP 11.

I have hundreds of stereo slides I have digitized.

Now, I want use the individual Left and Right pictures to make a 3D video. This is easy for a few slides, by making a Left and Right video track with Left and Right pictures, then using "Pair as Stereoscopic 3D subclip" by selecting the Left and Right pictures and then using the Steroscopic 3D AdjustVideo FX to do the 3D corrections needed.

The problem is I have about a 1,000+ pictures to individually pair and adjust and this method would take many days of tedious work to complete.

I tried rendering each track and then pairing the rendered tracks, but that does not work because then when I do the 3D corections, there is just one correction applied to the entire track, each picture pair needs its own unique correction.

Any ideas how I can automate this task of pairing and correcting individual picture pairs?

Thanks for any ideas!

2. Default

This sounds like a typical task for a script, but you need Vegas Pro. So, I'm afraid there is no simple solution...

can you not select all and then to the pair once?

Otherwise as Grazie says sounds like a job for script man

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    can you not select all and then to the pair once?

Otherwise as Grazie says sounds like a job for script man
    No, it appears (and makes sense, somewhat) that you can only pick a pair of clips, 1 clip from each video track and of course they also need to be in the same place on the timeline.

What I may end up doing is with another program, (Stereo Photo Maker), do all the stereo adjusting/alignment in it (has batch mode) and then put the pictures in the video tracks, render, then pair the the two rendered tracks and not use the Steroscopic 3D Adjust Video FX. I'll have to experiment to see if that will work.

I just upgraded from VMS 9 to 11... so not sure I want to shell out $190 more to upgade to Pro version just for this...
    Last edited by curtis56; 03-11-2012 at 07:46 PM.