Thread: Weird problem with saving & exporting in Magix Movie Edit Pro 14

Angry Weird problem with saving & exporting in Magix Movie Edit Pro 14

Hi all,

I have been using Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 for many years. Now I have got strange and, of course, very annoying problem with it.
    At first I created my_video.MVD in standard Magix movie folder (in My Documents). While creating a video, I saved new changes to MVD a few times. At the end I exported movie to MPEG file (my_video.mpeg) and I saved it in the same folder as MVD file. I see both files in file manager in Magix.
    When I open the folder via explorer (or via Total Commander), I notice that there is not any of these files!!! But they are still visible in file manager in Magix (the right-click is working, I can even open my_video.MVD as second project or check size of MPEG file - circa 200MB).
    I resave MVD file and export my movie to the other folder (Desktop) and... there is the same result.
    I try to search these files via Windows searcher, but with no luck.
    I was spending many hours for creating this movie and now I can't save it nowhere

My question is: what to do in this situation? Why I can see these files in folder in file manager in Magix, but they are not there?
    I have such problem with Magix the first time and I'm disgusted and upset, because probably I will lost all my work.

I will be grateful for help or any clues.

I'm not familiar with the software you are using, If the movie will play then it must be somewhere on the hard disk. Although this would be unusual, is it possible to make the movie with some sort of hide attribute, so windows doesn't naturally see it. OR has someone set your windows to not see theses file types.

I understand this is a long shot but it's the best I can come up with.

Thanks for reply!

I forgot to say, that the movie (MPEG) started playing after finishing of export (in external video player), but after some seconds the program crashed. Now I can't run the movie from file manager in Magix (I can just check properties of the movie, but there is no reaction for double-click on it). I have also the movie exported to MOV file, but when I try to run it, there is a message that the file format of file can't be opened by Magix.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    OR has someone set your windows to not see theses file types.
    There are other files MVD and MPEG/MOV in this folder (saved some time ago, when I didn't have any problem with it).

Furthermore I can't burn the movie on disc, because there is a message that the DVD burner could not be found (but of course I have it!).

It is really strange... I will try to localize these files on disc

When I copy the movie file and try to paste it somewhere else, I receive message "cannot copy file: cannot read from the source file or disk".
    I really don't know what to do...
    Last edited by sywula; 03-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.

This sound like an operating system problem. I would seek a computer expert.