Thread: Call of Babylon (Feature Film) - Teaser Trailer

Default Call of Babylon (Feature Film) - Teaser Trailer

This is a short teaser trailer for a feature length film I'm currently shooting. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

If it's as good as your last video I'm sure we're in for a treat. I did notice a few technical issues with this trailer. In the first shot the audio was very low compared to the drum sound. The second shot was badly over exposed. The car driving toward the camera shot @ 0:32 wasn't level the horizon is lower on the left of screen than it is on the right.

I hope you understand I only point these things out so you can look at them before you finish the final movie.

Thank You for your comment, Midnight Blue. Definitely some things to think about there!

Liked your trailer very much.

The only thing I didn't like was the loud noise accompanying each short scene change.....at first it was good/effective at building intensity but I thought it was used to much?
    Could you maybe just use it for key scene changes in trailer or maybe just at the start and at the end ??

That's just a personal opinion by the way ....other guys on here might like it and think it works very well.

Regardless WELL DONE !

Thank You very much, Slimbob. As for the loud banging noises, perhaps they were too loud/over-used but I was experimenting! Thanks again.

Nice work it dose leave me wanting to see more. However I do believe that it could have been better, my reasoning is that some of your shots are well composed, with good contrast and nicely framed and others aren't so good. The loud noise is rather loud and over the top although I'm not sure I picked up on it that much befor I read the other comments. The build up for me doesn't work, the shots you have picked just seem too mundane untill the end. In each shot the there is and action happening, forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe cutting closer or into the action will help with the pace and intensity.

Good work looking forward to the rest of it.

Fair comment. Thanks for the insight.

Blog Entries

I agree wthe the comments above - in particular what Mammoth says.
    The shots are mundane - but I think that's the intention, to show an ordinary girl leading an ordinary life - am I right?
    But we have 45 seconds of that before we start to get an inkling that there's a story in there. I'd suggest condensing the firt 45 secs to 15 and you'll have a short, snappy intriguing trailer.
    Tim

You are correct with your assumptions, Tim. Thanks for the comment.