Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Video Brief- paid work

Default Music Video Brief- paid work

I'm looking for potential candidates to film the 2nd video for Liverpool, UK band Black Swans. I need a creative thinker who can translate the message of a song into an interesting arty and abstract video. The song can be heard here, and it concerns the feeling people get that every day is a repeat of the previous day, that you're getting nowhere by just repeating daily life. However- the filmmaker has a blank canvas, the more arty the better.

Black Swans 1st video can be viewed here -

This video was a simple performance piece so I am now looking for something far more out there.

To pitch some ideas to the band management, email here:

The budget isn't mega- so please add a ballpark quote onto your ideas pitch email.

The YouTube link doesn't work. So I've put it here.

Thank you, apologies.

Your welcome. I like the song.

The budget isn't mega
    Can you expand on what "isn't mega" is in the region of.

The video you have has been very well filmed and edited nice n tight. Just wondering . . . Why aren't you using these guys?
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Loved the video (B&W) and thought the song was good too I agree with the point made by zero.

The guys we used were brilliant- don't get me wrong there - but we've been asked by management/PR for not just a performance video. It needs to have a story, quirkiness, organic scenes- just 'something'. It can have limited 'band' shots- maybe just the singer singing into a mirror.

Budget wise we understand you don't get much a grand,if it was the right pitch though we could push for more/sell some gear etc

Glad you guys are liking the song- we're just about to sign a sync/publishing deal which could open some rather big doors...

I've sent you a PM.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

I'm just imagining what Fingercuff might be able to pitch. Unfortunately they're London/SE based and I think Jim's quite busy working on Driftwood funding now having been found.
    But it might be worth contacting them .... They've come up with some pretty interesting concepts for music in the past.

And I like the song and video as well...

Hi Tim,
    I'll check Fingercuff out, thanks for the shout. No probs about London, we're up and down all the time.

Likewise, we'll travel if that helps around the UK if you need band footage.

Tim, have a think about an idea and PM us...

Midnight Blue- band meeting tomorrow so we'll be in touch- liking your stuff...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast