Thread: Captured video doesnt playback.Defrag doesnt help!!!!

Default Captured video doesnt playback.Defrag doesnt help!!!!

Hello ,

My problem is this (Premier 6.0,NTSC)

When starting to capture video,it freezes on the first frame (tape rolling in the cam).Its still capturing when seemingly frozen ,but I cant see it real time either in the capture window or once on the time line (i have to scrub the clip,wont play back by just hitting the play button)
    So i defrag/reboot....and it starts to work fine (both capture and playback) until i try to capture a new clip or add something to the timeline
    The problem returns.Freezes on the first frame (capture window) ,and none of the clips (new/existing) play back in the source/monitor window (unless scrubbed).
    I have a 60 GB HD with 35 GB free.Whats really annoying tho is that i can capture the clips using Roxio DVD Builders capture mode.It works like a charm.I can pretty much sit there and capture the entire footage and see it happen in realtime and once captured ....it plays back perfectly (no freezing).What gives???????
    Thank you for any assistance!!!
    **iM rICK J@mES biATCh**

Windows 2000 PRO (NTFS),Pentium 4 2.2 ghz,
    Asus P4B533 w/t Intel 845 chipset,Maxtor 60 gig 7200rpm,1 gig DDR PC 2700 ram,
    nVidia MX 420 64 mb agp,NEC 4x DVD +/- R/RW,Lite-On 52x Cd-R,Adobe Premier 6.0.

maybe it's the capture settings in Premiere that are screwed up, check that they are the same as your project settings.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Quote Originally Posted by bgarthp
    maybe it's the capture settings in Premiere that are screwed up, check that they are the same as your project settings.
    Thanks BG for the reply....
    im posting screen shots of my "general" setting and "capture" settings.

As u can see in the "capture" setting (see screenshot) i had "DV/IEEE1394 capture" selected.There is also an option for "Video for windows" in the dropdown list.Should that make a difference.

The reason I ask this is because in the (see screenshot) "general" setting tab>>under Current setting,Microsoft DV is the compressor.

PS- This morning i opened the same project that was giving me problems the nite bfore....and the clips were playing back in "source/monitor window.Havent tried capturing new clips yet....lack of sleep?!!!?
    **iM rICK J@mES biATCh**

Windows 2000 PRO (NTFS),Pentium 4 2.2 ghz,
    Asus P4B533 w/t Intel 845 chipset,Maxtor 60 gig 7200rpm,1 gig DDR PC 2700 ram,
    nVidia MX 420 64 mb agp,NEC 4x DVD +/- R/RW,Lite-On 52x Cd-R,Adobe Premier 6.0.