Thread: Problem importing from Sony Z1u DVCAM to Pinnacle Studio HD 14

Default Problem importing from Sony Z1u DVCAM to Pinnacle Studio HD 14

The quality is perfect on my camera but when I import it, it looks a bit scrambled and blurry. During import AND when I put it on the timeline. I have actually paid for Pinnacle HD support and they can't help me. Why is the quality of the video so bad? What can I do to fix it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Not familiar with this issue, but what's the spec of the imported clip(s)?
    Was Pinacle set to the same standard?

Also, whilst I expect Pinacle Support asked, you've not said what spec PC you are using - and whether this effect is present when the vids are Edited and burnt to DVD (say) - - only playing a burnt disc on a TV/player is a real (true) test - any playback using a PC is unlikely to be of the same quality.
    HD is very demanding of a PC spec.

Also bear in mind the camera viewfinder is quite small, so what looks good there may not be when played full-screen, on a PC.

Sorry I was not clear... It was not shot in HD. it was standard DVCAM. It was mini dv tape imported via firewire. Yes, I set Pinacle to the same standard. I'm using a powerspec PC Windows 7.