Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Robert Green

Default Free Robert Green

I made this video to help promote the plight of a man called Robert Green who is the victim of a travesty of justice.

FREE ROBERT GREEN

Pleas show some support.

Midnight this is very sad.
    I don''t know all the facts about the case and will definitely drop by the site.

I see David Icke is fighting this man's corner.

You would think this was some kind of joke but the fact it is true is truly tragic.

Let's pray Robert gets freed a.s.a.p and some of the people he was protecting the children from take his place.

A very sad state of affairs.

Your quick video did an excellent job.

Your right, if I didn't know it was true I would have thought it was a joke as well. This is an example of the state using it's powers to try and silence someone who has questioned one of there rank. It is a total travesty. It is out and out criminal action from a Scottish Sheriff. If you visit the web site you will see how the whole thing is a farce. I think it took 18 hearings so that's 18 times this poor guy had to travel from Cheshire up to Aberdeen and then they bang him up for a year. My head is exploding can you tell.

Blog Entries

Sorry Midnight, this is exactly the sort of propaganda video which is likely to make me think "looney conspiracy theorists".

If you're fighting for a cause, I believe you should state the headline facts in simple terms from the outset, then go into more progressively more detail (eg link to the sites etc).
    Look at newspapers - headline tells the story in few words. Here it might be "Jailed for [whatever he was accused of]"
    Next a coupe of short paragraphs with a few of the key points of teh story.
    Finally we get the whole story.

There is a reason this works. It catches the eye first and anyone who might be vaguely interested will read on.
    Then the key factsof the story are revealed to anyone who was interested and if they want to/have time to study further, the detail is posted.

This is exactly the opposite to a drama where the idea is to build an element of intrigue or mystery, eventally leading to the reward of a climax.

Of course trailers for dramas work in the same way, just revealing enough of the concept to build intrigue.

Trailers for documentaries, on the other hand, are much like newspaper articles. They make it clear exactly what the documentary is going to be about.

What you've done here is produce something in the style of a trailer for a drama. So my immediate reaction is this is something that is made up. It also takes the approach of "we know something that's been hushed up" or "we know something that everyone else is too stupid to see".

If you do, then tell it like it is, rather than going with this "knowing look" type of approach.

I will take a look, but only because I know you to be a decent bloke who cares, not because of this video.
    Tim

I must admit the video did get my attention as this sort of story really gets to me.

I trusted the source as I know midnight and it did make me go to the site but looking in from another perspective I understand Tims point of view.

However as a newbee to this forum it is not right for me to elaborate on some thing I know little about (ie) video technique/making a video.

I will leave that to you guys as I have come here to learn .

I am sure like with all things the video could be tweaked and improved.

The link to the sites is a great idea.

However from a personal perspective if this is indeed 100% true as it does appear from sites I hope it gets sorted out a.s.a.p!

It really gets to me this kind of thing.

I understand but don't agree with your summation of the video. I deliberately made it this way to invoke an emotional response I don't think it works trying to get such an unbelievable message across on an intellectual level. What exactly is a conspiracy theorists ? I think of the term to mean someone who thinks up reasons for why something happened usually based on some sort of conspiracy. I don't see how this injustice to this man could be regarded on the same level as that. The facts of the case are in the public domain to read. He was arrested and then convicted to 9 months for breach of the peace ( he was going to hand out leaflets) plus 3 months for breaking his bail conditions, which if you read them you would probably agree where draconian. He was standing as MP for Aberdeen south but band from Aberdeenshire.

Anyway I won't bore you with any more details as I'm sure if you are interested you will have a look for your self. BUT please don't use a wide brush and put this in the pigeon hole along with UFOs, 911 was an inside job etc..

This is about children being raped and the man who is trying to expose it being locked up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    1. He was arrested and then convicted to 9 months for breach of the peace ( he was going to hand out leaflets) plus 3 months for breaking his bail conditions, which if you read them you would probably agree where draconian.
    2. He was standing as MP for Aberdeen south but band from Aberdeenshire.
    3. This is about children being raped and the man who is trying to expose it being locked up.
    Those are your headlines. Now you've got me interested!

But none of which were explicitly stated in your video as I recall.

I should perhaps have mentioned that I really liked the "Does this man look like he's doing anything illegal?" approach. That really did get my interest, but then it was the explanation of what he was doing (in the video) that seemed so unspecific that made me feel there was a lot of conjecture and no real substance to the claims.
    Tim

Thanks for that Tim. That seems more logical. I suppose people are different some respond more on an emotional level some more on an intellectual level. I couldn't think how to aim for both. This is why I took the approach that I did.

1. Invoke an emotional response and interest.
    2. Get people to reach for more information.

Two simple objectives.

Oh by the way the "head line" is Free Robert Green it's the YouTube title of the video.

I will keep dropping by the website periodically for news.
    Hope Robert isn't locked away for the full year..... how long do joy riders get with no insurance?

The sad thing about systematic sexual child abuse is it is often solely associated with social drop-outs /misfits when in all probability a larger if not the largest offenders are people in powerful positions (ie) money.

Regardless of who does it the tragic thing is it destroys children lives now and in the future.

All I can say is Robert is a hero in my book

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast