Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeper of Dreams

Lightbulb Keeper of Dreams

Hey all,

Here's an experimental film I worked on in my second year BA(Hons) Film and Video. I was the DoP and Editor.
    The film revolves around a couple unknowingly revealing their inner fears to a paranormal stranger.
    As always, any comments good/bad warmly welcomed.

The sound of the rain wasn't right at the beginning, it sounded like the rain was hitting canvas rather than the things we were seeing but after that it all sounded really good, both the foley and live sound. I liked the long fingers, the hand and then arm stretching out and the dream sequence was really good. I think you did a great job with the DOP work and the editing was excellent. The director did a good job as well.

Well done Rob. (and the rest of the team)

Blog Entries

An interesting film. I thought you did a good job with the dreams - though, of course, you can pretty much do what you like with dreams - i liked the balance between the flickering, the "normal" and the surreal within the dreams.

My only major criticism is rather subjective. If the actors are having dreams of their fears I'd expect this to be reflected in their demeanour in bed whereas we see two people sleeping apparently totally at peace.
    Tim

Nice thoughts about the differences between the calm sleep and the rough dreams. It's something I always liked because of how the thoughts aren't shown through the conscious body, but actually you raise a good point and I'd probably put in some quick shot of them showing discomfort if I were to go back to it.

And I'm surprised you picked up on the rain! It's the only part of the film that the sound editor didn't have enough time to cover, so the sound heard is actually rain hitting the umbrella covering the camera. No one's picked up on it until now! :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BritishEye View Post
    And I'm surprised you picked up on the rain! It's the only part of the film that the sound editor didn't have enough time to cover
    A wise man (well, RembrandtRob) once said, "If you notice it as the editor, you can guarantee someone watching will notice it"
    Tim

I suppose then that's very true.
    I've always had that argument on whether or not I'm being too picky, but I think you just made me feel sane again.

I recognise that street
    And what a lovely fellow!

Tims covered my only point with the sleeping people, otherwise, very well constructed

Really?
    Thanks. Yeah, I think that bit seems to be the thing people are picking up on.

I agree with MB didn't like the start (ie) rain and outside houses footage.

The dreams were so well done ..congratulations. reminds me of "Twin Peaks" a bit (complement) ( two people dancing ) effects in dreams really good .... loved them !
    liked the entry and exit (mirror)

Didn't find the dream master that scary ..... and thought the tube looked too much like a wine siphon (spelling??) tube. ...... Being picky there I know.
    The light at 4.34 seemed to light compared to the rest of the film thought it should of been darker (personal opinion of course.)

Overall really liked it British Eye... great video well done

From a technical standpoint, I thought this was pretty good. The cinematography was of a reasonably high standard so well done for that. Things looked nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast