Thread: How do you save the video?

Default How do you save the video?

I'm a complete newbie and I have edited a video with the trial version of sony vegas pro 11. I cant see where I save the video I've edited.

Please help me I'm an idiot.

You will want to save the project file by clicking on File menu button at the top of the screen and select Save As, this will enable you to reopen the project at a later date. Then to "make the video" you need to "render" by clicking on file and selecting Render As. This will bring up a list of options for you to choose the format and quality settings you want to use.

I suggest you follow the useful Interactive tutorials available from the help menu.

Also, in the Render As window, uncheck the "Render loop region only" checkbox. Otherwise only a part of your video might save or even nothing at all. Save the option for when you actually know how to use the loop regions (which is a great thing and saves a lot of time rendering, because you can render just parts of your videos).
    Last edited by Dx3; 02-24-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Many thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dx3 View Post
    Save the option for when you actually know how to use the loop regions (which is a great thing and saves a lot of time rendering, because you can render just parts of your videos).
    Or use it all the time to avoid rendering 3 hours of black because you've left an event somewhere further down the timeline!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Or use it all the time to avoid rendering 3 hours of black because you've left an event somewhere further down the timeline!
    This. I've had that happen to me far too often (not as much as 3 hours but any black further then when its supposed to end is annoying) so i use it all the time now.