Thread: pixalisation

Default pixalisation

I have trouble viewing my imported vision in both screen on my monitor window (clip and sequence). When capturing the vision looks fine. Have even check quality of vision in Windows media player and it is fine there as well, but when i take it into the monitor window, the vision becomes pixalated and unable to be viewed.

I have adjusted the frame rate and pixal ratio, which solved the pixalisation in the clip window, but lost audio. Then when i put the clip into the timeline, it becomes pixalated again. i have tried two different installs of premier pro, and am using a Pent 4 3.2 with a gig ram and firewire input on Windows XP.

Can anyone please help me out!!!! :cry:

Edit by Marc: No need to post in bold.

Try right clicking in the video window, and you can change preview quality.
    The better you make the preview quality the more chance of it playing jerky etc. It will need to be rendered first to play back in full quality.
    2 x 21\" HITACHI super contrast monitors.....2 x 200 gig HDD\'s....2 x 512mb dane-elec pc3200.....TV in card (cheap and sh!t!)....3.2 P4 HT....BOARD - ASUS P4C800 - C delux (fsb 800mhz DUAL DDR 400)....GRAPHICS - ATI 256ddr POWERCOLOUR Radeon 9600XT (500mhz/400mhz)....MATROX RT.X100 real time editing card

Default pixalisation

Yes thanks,

had tried that, had absolutly no effect sadly. Have tried to change the pixal ratio and it came good on some of the changes but did not stay there.
    I have also since discovered that it does not affect the output back to my mini dv camera. It just makes it impossible to edit anything when the pixals are so large.

cheers

screen shot?
    2 x 21\" HITACHI super contrast monitors.....2 x 200 gig HDD\'s....2 x 512mb dane-elec pc3200.....TV in card (cheap and sh!t!)....3.2 P4 HT....BOARD - ASUS P4C800 - C delux (fsb 800mhz DUAL DDR 400)....GRAPHICS - ATI 256ddr POWERCOLOUR Radeon 9600XT (500mhz/400mhz)....MATROX RT.X100 real time editing card

I have now discovered that it may be a problem led to the camera I have.
    I have a Panasonic NV DX 100, which apparently has some known problems with Adobe Premier. Iam now trying to source a solution to that problem.

Plus here is a screen shot of the problem

Blog Entries

You can capture with just about anything. Try DVIO.

Hi again

I ahve captured with a 3rd party software (windows movie maker)

the clips play back great in there, but as soon as i imported them into a project, they became pixalated again.

I also borrowed a friends sony camera, played the same tape and captured the same clip as the pixalated one, but with the sony camera, it worked out fine. Iam trying to avoid the expense of buying another camera purely for playback