Thread: Spooky Nite II

Cool Spooky Nite II

Hello,

My wife and I make videos for Halloween every year and each year they become more elaborate. When I discovered that Pinnacle Studio didn't cut it any more, I bought myself a copy of Adobe Premiere Pro. I realize that this is overkill for a video that gets seen once by kids and their parents, but we just enjoy making them.

Here is a link to the first video I made with Premiere Pro. It is also the first time that I used sounds from "freesound.org" for the effects.

spooky nite ii director's cut jan 15 2010 - YouTube

Enjoy,
    Zam

There are a few things not technically not right with this, like the change in white balance but for a fun piece, I enjoyed watching it.

Blog Entries

I thought it was a bit slow to get going - lots of effects, sure, but after a while there seemed to be a lack of either development or tension.
    However, I'm glad I continued to watch. The whole chase sequence was like watching the Monkees! Great fun.
    And what a lot of time you must have spent compiling all the sound effects.
    Tim

Thank you for your feedback. One thing that I have been unable to do in any of my videos is to build tension. I tried it in the sequel to the video associated with this thread (by using a POV camera and adding a heartbeat that gets more and more rapid) but it didn't work at all. Not sure how to do this.