Thread: Problem ..Sonic and Show Biz

Default Problem ..Sonic and Show Biz

I AM NEW AND HOPE YOU CAN HELP ..

{ArcSoft soiftware Bundled with sonic My DvD}

Ok I have used this software for a few days taking VHS tapes and importing them through my 9700 Pro..I had no problem converting these VHS tapes to DVD using Sonic My DVD after I had Show Biz capture the video.I ended up with 5 great DVD disk's of my daughters favorite movies allowing the origionals to be stored away.

Ok here is the Problem..Curently Sonic will not see a video source actually never did to begin with thats why I used ShowBiz and had MY DVD import movie from hard drive. Now out of the Blue ShowBiz will not capture a video any more.I have a new 30 gig dedicate freshly formatted XP pro drive set up for this and all I get from my capture is a Green Screen with voice from any movie I try to capture..I am pretty lost here and can not see why I went from a seamless operation to a Green mess...

ok sorry for long post facts are this I captured VHS for 5 full movies and burned to DVD in a DVD or Mpg-2 format allowing for play back on TV with my DVD player..Out of the blue I cannot capture and obviously I cannot burn what I can not capture..I did a format and fresh install of O/S and all the latest drivers and was able then to do 1 movie to DVD only to end back at the Green screen of capture nightmare LOL...Help..
    Dual XP 1800 Radeon 9700 Pro All In Wonder
    1 gig ram...

Blog Entries

Is this happening on the tapes you've previously captured too? Or does it only happen on certain tapes?

Previous and new tapes..And I have just tried window movie maker and get the same results..Voice capture with a green screen at play back..BUT like the other software I am able to watch the movie durring capture perfectly...
    1 gig ram...

It looks like i have an issue with drivers for the 9700 pro..The latest CAT 4.1 are a real nightmare...
    1 gig ram...

Blog Entries

The reason I asked whether is was on specific tapes was due to marcovision. I know that certain members have resorted to hacked versions of ATI drivers to capture from VHS (even if they were home movies). Do a search one the forums (hey, It's late and I'm too lazy to find the threads) or do a google search for "All in wonder Macrovision".

This "may" help Really should put this in the FAQ. If it solves your problem, remind me

It is the Driver 4.1 what a nightmare it is, just hard to explain..I used a seperate clean install on a new drive that is now working perfectly..The drivers and MMC are from the disk that the 9700 Pro came with and all is just peechy lol..

The system I run is quite a powerfull Dual processor box and I have 4 seperate drives that are in removable trays..So to make sure I can Game , Edit video , Run my company And surf sites i have each drive set up to optimize it's designated function. Game drivers for this card usually require the latest version yet the video capture seam to like Matured drivers that have been debugged..So I am happy again copying my daughters movies to a dvd back up...Thanks for all that replied...
    1 gig ram...