Thread: DVD authoring related questions

Default DVD authoring related questions

I have two questions.

1. I own Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 (the lowest tier), and I am wanting to create a DVD with a menu and separate scenes. I see that I can't do this with my version, so I assume that I can just upgrade to the next version (Platinum) and I will be able to do this? Sony does upgrades correct?

and if this is the case...

2. What sort of options can I expect with the DVD authoring abilities in Platinum? All I want to do is have the DVD play with scenes that I can click through. I don't have any need for any silly/un-editable menus and themes. I am wanting to burn some DVDs for a video projection backdrop for my band when we play our music live, and I need to have full control over how it will look.

If this isn't the case, perhaps there is a better standalone DVD authoring program out there that I could take a look at?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, you can upgrade Vegas, with the Platinum version you get a copy of DVD Architect Studio which is a nice stand alone DVD authoring program. If you follow THIS LINK it will take you to the Vegas comparison page so you can see exactly what is included in all the versions of Vegas.

The Platinum version with DVDA Studio should be good for those things you need and more. Platinum also has the Make Movie wizard and the option to burn discs from the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Yes, you can upgrade Vegas, with the Platinum version you get a copy of DVD Architect Studio which is a nice stand alone DVD authoring program. If you follow THIS LINK it will take you to the Vegas comparison page so you can see exactly what is included in all the versions of Vegas.
    Thanks a bunch for the replies. I checked out that link and it all looks good. I also looked specifically into that DVD Architect Studio, and seems to be exactly what I need!

Thanks!