Thread: High Speed Render issue (Time Lapse)

1. Default High Speed Render issue (Time Lapse)

Hi guys,
    I am having an issue when I speed up the clip I am editing. When sped up, the finished product looks awful. It looks, for me being a newbie, like Vegas is putting 4-6 frames in the place of 1!
    This looks like what I can only describe as 'ghosting'. I am sure that this id the wrong term, however I hope it is enough for you to understand what I am talking about,

I really want the finished clip to be clean, like a simply speeded up clip from 10mins to about 20-30 seconds.

I usually shoot HD 1080, .MOV files at 25 FPS, and want to end with the same so I render to the Quicktime setting. I really need to get to the bottom of this, it's driving me crazy!

If you need any questions answered, please ask.

If you're speeding up the footage Vegas will be taking out frames not adding them. You are doing quite a compression of time from 10 mins to 20-30 seconds so I think you are hoping a bit much to have a really clear image. BUT you could clicking on the by pass motion blur on the track to see if that helps. Are you shooting 1080i or 1080p you could be having deinterlaceing problems because of the amount you have sped it up. This is all guess work without seeing the actual footage, could you post a clip on YouTube so we could see what's happening.

Hope this helps.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    This is all guess work without seeing the actual footage, could you post a clip on YouTube so we could see what's happening.
    Thank you for your help.

I have tried to render with the by pass motion clicked, in fact this is the finished product on YouTube.. 777.mov - YouTube I still think there is the same effect there, mainly in the vertical traffic. You can see what I am speaking of if you pause it at seperate intervals. Please look closely, I'm sure I'm not going mad....

I wanted to have ten minutes to add drama to the clip. I am starting to think that the only way to cut a traffic clip as a time lapse is to do it the original still photography way, correct me if I am wrong.

Have a look and please feedback, I cannot stand this clip, for the exact reason I mentioned earlier..

Si

Your not going mad I do see the artefacts as well. I would switch on the motion blur and render it as it is and be happy with it.

You could, if you want, try experimenting with this section of the video. Try speeding it up by about half the amount you want, then do the same again to get the 20-30 seconds duration this might have a better look to it. You could spend time experimenting at stepping it up in speed gradually to see if that gets rid of the look you don't like. I wouldn't normally advise multiple renders but in this case it might work for you. Another thing to try is rendering it out to a different format to see if a different codec can cope any better, then you can add that to the whole piece. With what you are trying to do, I think the only way is to experiment along these lines to see what result you get.

Hope this helps.

5. Default

You are a good man, Midnight blue. Thanks for your help. I will leave the Xanex in the box for now...