Thread: Sony Vegas 11HD Plat vs Adobe Prem Elements 10

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight

Default Sony Vegas 11HD Plat vs Adobe Prem Elements 10

Hey y'all - I know neither of the above programs fit into the 'Pro' solution (which I am not in any case...); but anyone here ever used both? I have now purchased A.P.E 10 for 2 reasons: 1. Sony Vegas is such a bugbear, is so glitchy and I came to the end of my tether with it a couple of weeks ago! (Which, yes, did make Adobe an impulse buy), and 2. Both professionals that I know (when I started editing a few months to a year back); adamantly suggested I go for Adobe! I only opted for Sony due to price and was enjoying using it / getting to grips with it, until recently when, even after full system upgrade, it is so bladdy glitchy it has put me off my stride with a recent 'spate' of video editing!!

Anyway, to recap after my rant... any opinions on which you would prefer using if you had the choice?

Thank you please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SMac View Post
    Anyway, to recap after my rant... any opinions on which you would prefer using if you had the choice?
    What would be the point of answering this? You've had a bad experience with Vegas so yo're highly unlikely to give it another chance - at least for a few years. I had a bad experience with an Acer laptop once and refused to look at them for five years.

It is a shame that Vegas has recently (last couple of versions) shown signs of being a bit buggy (not that I've experienced any) as a few years back it was the most stable of all the NLEs. I suspect Premiere has similar poroblems, but maybe no with the file formats you happen to be using.

Out of interest, what "glitches" have you eperienced (you haven't posted any here other than the "grainy" one which you may have resolved by changing the preview resolution at Zero's suggestion.
    Tim

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight

Oh yeah, that issue I had with the grainy playback was no more! it was down to project properties!

After trying out Adobe the jury is still out for now, I just wondered what the kind of competition was between the two and which would come out on top - I assumed they should be quite similar given that they're aimed at the same market and it would just be a case of personal preference I wouldn't say I'd write Sony off as I'd really began getting used to utilising the trimmer window, adding different effects getting to grips with track motion and key frames, which were all fundamental in bringing the project together. After upgrading my computer I still encountered crashing etc. but most recently was the black preview screen. After uninstalling quicktime and reinstalling several times to previous versions, then putting the most up to date version back on; AND after altering project settings relentlessly to bring back preview, I still don't have it right. I assume there is a far easier explanation for this, however, given all the recent issues I bit the bullet and thought I'd try adobe (as i'd been advised )

I'm still relatively 'green' at editing so didn't think there would be much harm in experimenting with adobe - at the moment however, I'm finding that sony pushes your creativity more as adobe has many 'presets' which I've now managed to identify in a lot of videos I've seen recently!