Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi R8 Showroom Teaser

Default Audi R8 Showroom Teaser

Hi there, I wanted to share with you a video I just filmed and edited today. I was at the Audi dealership in Nashua, NH. They let me take some pictures and film a video. Although I wasn't able to turn the car on, get in it, or take it outside, I hope you enjoy. It was awaiting pick up and well, who wants someone in their car when their not there . Comments and constructive criticism is encouraged. Thanks for watching!

Audi R8 | V10 Teaser - YouTube

Pick a beat, you can find free ones on youtube even. Then build the edit to the beat. Flood some of the shots with different color, add light and flashes. Also I understand you only had hand held but you need to mix the shots up more some moving some still, quick slow etc. Pace, a beat and some more editing and you will be half way there. Harsh I know but the truth. It can be up'd to another level if you are willing to carry on with the edit. Also what soft ware are you using and what did you film on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Pick a beat, you can find free ones on youtube even. Then build the edit to the beat. Flood some of the shots with different color, add light and flashes. Also I understand you only had hand held but you need to mix the shots up more some moving some still, quick slow etc. Pace, a beat and some more editing and you will be half way there. Harsh I know but the truth. It can be up'd to another level if you are willing to carry on with the edit. Also what soft ware are you using and what did you film on?
    I use final cut pro7 to edit and a canon t2i to film.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Pick a beat, you can find free ones on youtube even. Then build the edit to the beat.
    Care to elaborate, Mammoth? I watched it and it was cut to the beat on the version I watched. Perhaps not too imaginitively - being cut on the first beat of every bar in the first part, but this may be intentional because of the hypnotic (or, if I'm being cruel, soporific) effect this creates, which makes the contrast when the faster/heavier music enters so much greater.
    Tim

Just a couple of things. 25 seconds of titles is too long for a 1:44mins video. I kind of understand that it works with the music but the music could have been edited to over come this. Some nice shots but it becomes repetitive by the end. I liked the change in pace but over all I think the music choice has caused you to make a piece that is over long for what it is. I think if the content had been more interesting the editing ideas you had would have worked. Even the long black screen that lasted about 5 seconds. I'm not saying the car isn't a very nice looking car or that you didn't have lots of different angles etc.. BUT as I'm sure you know it's just there doing nothing, so everything could have been said in the video in about 30 seconds.

If you are in the situation of filming a static car again, try changing the lighting to create interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Just a couple of things. 25 seconds of titles is too long for a 1:44mins video. I kind of understand that it works with the music but the music could have been edited to over come this. Some nice shots but it becomes repetitive by the end. I liked the change in pace but over all I think the music choice has caused you to make a piece that is over long for what it is. I think if the content had been more interesting the editing ideas you had would have worked. Even the long black screen that lasted about 5 seconds. I'm not saying the car isn't a very nice looking car or that you didn't have lots of different angles etc.. BUT as I'm sure you know it's just there doing nothing, so everything could have been said in the video in about 30 seconds.

If you are in the situation of filming a static car again, try changing the lighting to create interest.
    Thanks for the comments. I know what your saying with the title and blank screen. I'll keep that in mind next time. What do you mean change the lighting? I was in a dealership so I couldn't really do much but i'd love to hear what you have in mind.

I understand that you were in a dealership but you could have changed the lighting to make things more interesting. Perhaps doing the shoot when it was dark and bringing your own lights to light the car in a pleasing way. Like the example below. See how the dark background makes the car stand out and have interesting light and shade.

audi_locus_concept_car.jpg

Hi again. I have watched it a few times now. My bad for not having the speakers on the first time.... Doh!!! Never the less, in my humble opinion you should have cut on the guitar too sometimes. Cut within the beat. Fcp7 is hard awesome and you camera is good too. Canon dlsrs don't white balance that well I find so they need extra help in the edit. Crush the blacks (not racist, it's an editing term) this helps a little. Your titles are tooooo long as you now know. An idea with a short is to place the titles over the opening shots maybe, saves losing the viewer. It is a good job non the less, you have some nice angles at the end and the last bit is well done. Simply you have the making of something here, but it needs more time spent on the edit and possibly more shots to help you.
    Looking forward to you next work.

Ash

Blog Entries

It looks like you let the music dictate the edit, rather than chosing music to compliment. Why not try doing it again, but editing the music as well as the audio?

Here is a second take. I decided not to use the color grades and try to crush the blacks and get a more natural feel. I also smoothed some of the shots, and took out a lot of the focus pulls. Let me know how you feel about this one! Audi R8 | V10 Teaser Take2 - YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast