Thread: Video Editing Software advise please

Default Video Editing Software advise please

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me here, im kind of new to video editing, i would be able to pick it up ok enough, i use allot of music production software.

But anyway, what i need is some video editing software so i can make nice videos for music mixes of mine, so i can upload them to you tube. They will average 1.5 hours in length, I have imovie but the 'titles' and text editing side of that is a bit boring, i dont have imovie 11 so i might be missing out. Here is a video of they kind of text and effects i am after, if you could tell me of a similar program or even if you know what program is being used here i would be grateful, thanks in advance,

Starfox

I think a lot of the more experienced members here would recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio or if you are really serious then Sony Vegas Pro
    Both have free trails available for their latest versions (30 days) so either way you won't be out of pocket if you don't like.

If you like then save by buying software from amazon .co.uk as much cheaper ...but as one experienced member (Tim) recommended check first that you aren't buying second hand (ie) your name won't be registered.

Make sure to buy new software.

Hopefully a few more experienced members will drop by to help

Cheers

Bob

I am trying to import a file from pinnacle 14 to pinnacle 14 on another PC ... to continue editing... it wont let me >?

Quote Originally Posted by slimbob View Post
    Starfox

I think a lot of the more experienced members here would recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio or if you are really serious then Sony Vegas Pro
    Both have free trails available for their latest versions (30 days) so either way you won't be out of pocket if you don't like.

If you like then save by buying software from amazon .co.uk as much cheaper ...but as one experienced member (Tim) recommended check first that you aren't buying second hand (ie) your name won't be registered.

Make sure to buy new software.

Hopefully a few more experienced members will drop by to help

Cheers

Bob
    Thanks Bob, is this Sony software available for Mac?

Starfox. You did mention "imovie" (Post#1), so I guess that was the clue you use Mac . In the past Macs meant Media, but now the Market really is PC because of the large customer-base, although one has to admire Apple for having very good product innovations that appear to support high prices.
    Back to Sony Vegas Studio - will do a very professional job for petty-cash money, but I was somewhat disturbed by the suggestion your proposed vids are 1.5hrs- surely there is a (shorter) time-limit?
    Unless, of course they are exceptionally good.... Let's hope that's so.
    SVS Production Suite (buy v11 = about 35), also has an Audio-editor program SoundForge, but it's a cut-down version I understand, but useful for the odd tweak, but SVS does allow 10 audio track manipulation -