I haven't bought a HD video camera or software yet. I'm posting here because it seems forum users like the Vegas software, yes? I use Permiere Elements, so if some of you have good things to say about version 10, I'd like to hear those comments too.
Here are some questions I have:
1. Does this software work with video from non-Sony camcorders, such as Canon or Panasonic?
2. Can I import by putting the SD card in the computer, or do I need the camera and a cable?
3. I assume the output can be burnt to Blu Ray, although the Sony site doesn't say so (it refers to uploading to YouTube and other Internet destinations). Is this correct?
4. With this software, can I save an archive file to DVD, either in the original AVCHD format (preferable, I would think, because I understand this format is like Tiff in that it loses information with each conversion), or in some editing format? I would want to do that to re-use the clips in a new production.
5. I also need to output the video to standard DVD. Can I do this with this software?
Thank you for your help.