Thread: 2 year old film

Default 2 year old film

This is a film/ music thingy, me and a friend did years ago, thought some people would like to watch it

Please post what you think about it

First of all I really liked the visual effects you used .... Very artistic.

Loved the start (clock) as it grabbed me straight away and made me interested in what was to follow.

I really liked the music and thought it accompanied the visuals perfectly.

However I found it quite slow to watch in terms of story ..... I did watch till the end out of curiosity but the content after the initial start and artistic visuals didn’t grab me.

That’s not a criticism just a personal observation.

Thought the end was good….not exactly a feel good video buy hey not all video needs to make you feel good.

Overall liked it …good job

Bob

The visuals are interesting but the narrative went way over my head. Why did he take his shirt off in the clock shop ? Was it meant to be saying something about time stopping when someone died ?

Its a really studenty film! its all about the 5 stages of grief and that part is where he tries to bargain all of his possessions to get the clock fixed and the clock is a representation of his wife if you apply the stages to the clock that's how the narrative kinda goes !

Deep man

It looked really good / great effects very different

I'm curious as to why you used a cartoon effect throughout? Would love to know what prompted you to make that editing decision.

This was for my Animation course so what we did was make and edit the film. Then import the stills from the film into photoshop add one filter then use the history brush to bring some of the detail back along with a few other photoshop things then import into after effects and add textures and then a few more things. so it took a long long time

Grief that's a lot of work, - I was confused about the ym stripping off and I could hear no dialogue - only guitar principally. The use of restricted colour palette is interesting, but I thought this was available in VS (as it has almost evertything else, bar snazzy titles)...but then snazzy titles will lead the audience to "expect too much".
    Does this count as animation? - just wondering as it looked like real people to my eyes. Perhaps that's the point...?
    Good to see something different.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Potts View Post
    Its a really studenty film! its all about the 5 stages of grief and that part is where he tries to bargain all of his possessions to get the clock fixed and the clock is a representation of his wife if you apply the stages to the clock that's how the narrative kinda goes !
    Funnily enough, as with Midnight, it went straight over my head. Looked good though.

EDIT: I was thinking that perhaps some sort of explanation - even a title would help make the film more interesting. If we have some idea of what we're expected to see in the film we can see it and feel smug, pretend we see it in order not to look stupid, or admit we don't see it, but at least enjoy looking.

But then I thought - who takes their wife to be fixed by a clockmaker?
    Last edited by TimStannard; 02-10-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    Tim

Really good job with the visual effects. I did find the music a bit laborious, and the narrative seemed to be lost to me. Never the less the shot are good and the editing is awesome. I do feel some unphhh is missing but never the less it is still beautiful.

Wicked job...