Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer shuts down during rendering

1. Unhappy Computer shuts down during rendering

I am using Vegas Movie Studio Version 11 HD Platinum. Previously used Version 7 without much problem. I have just completed my first project which is 12 minutes long. I have tried several times to render the project. Unfortunately each time my computer closes down during the process. It does not happen at the same place in the project.

Blog Entries

Just a hunch. Could the PC be overheating and shutting down to prevent frying the processor?
    Tim

That was my first thoughts. Have a look to see that your fans are turning properly and give them a clean. Rendering a video is very taxing on a system so could be manifesting the beginning of a problem that is only going to get worse. If you don't feel confident taking the side off the computer and pocking around inside, then take it to your local computer guy to have a look.

This happens to me sometimes too , hope you get it sorted.

Make sure the internal fan is working to cool the processor ....mine stopped working once and caused P.C to overheat and constantly shut down.

A trip to your local P.C guy sounds good advice.

How old is your P.C????

Can it handle Movie Studio requirements properly or is it borderline ?

Good luck

5. Default

Thanks for your advice. I know my computer is probably borderline as to requirements. I am seriously considering an up-grade. I saw my computer expert yesterday and he has given me some quotes to go over.

6. Default

I think I have found the problem. A rogue photograph in the project. I imported a photograph of the Greek flag from the internet. After I removed the photograph from the project everything worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Adnum View Post
    I think I have found the problem. A rogue photograph in the project. I imported a photograph of the Greek flag from the internet. After I removed the photograph from the project everything worked fine.
    ....Was this a 5K resolution image file or something? :P

I'm puzzled as to how an image could shut down your entire computer, Any chance you could share the link to the flag?

is a strange one, the pc shutting down and at random places.

may be linked with the Greek economy perhaps?

Joking aside, give us the size and format of the picture. However, this can't be the reason as a web based pic should be tiny anyway. Is it possible for copyright protection to be embedded into such graphics that WOULD choke a graphics or NLE s/w from using it?

Hmmm......

Hence why I'm desperate to get my hands on the image If there is some kind of freaky copy protection...I'd love to replicate it and the next time I give an image file to a co-worker watch them agonise in frustration as their NLE keeps crashing :P

I'm such a mischief maker at heart really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast