Let me start off by saying that I have been working on this video for about a year. Recording footage with games, editing the footage, etc. I have spent massive hours of work and dedication into this and now it seems that the product may not even be finalized. Help is very much appreciated.
I have been using Sony Vegas 7.0 for 6 years and I can not recall ever encountering this problem before. But then again I have never worked on a project this big until now. The video is 22 minutes long and there are a lot of clips in the timeline.
When I try to render, one of the following things happen.
1. I get an error saying that the video could not be rendered because of a unknown error.
2. I get an error saying that "an exception has occured" and the program shuts down.
3. The video renders until a certain amount of procent, then I get an error and it stops rendering/ or program shuts down.
4. The video renders until a certain amount of procent, then the procent bar stops but the rendering continues, although not like it's supposed to. The "time remaining" counts down to 0:00:00 but it keeps rendering without the procent bar moving and the "elapsed time" just counting onwards.
5. The program shuts down without an error or anything.
The original video format is MPEG2. I have noticed that this error occurs much easier if I try to render the video as a MP4. Rendering as MPEG2 works better, but still not great.
Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it?