View Poll Results: Who should win Video of the Month, January 2012

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video of the Month, January 2012

Ouch. Sounds like I hit a nerve. Sorry. I didn't mean to insult at all, I was just trying to say don't give up hope. You do an amazing job, and the effort you put in is honourable. I know how difficult it is to run things like this on a forum and how it feels when you get little feedback. If you did want help, I'll try.
    I'm pretty sure I've voted in a lot. I've probably missed a few because I was away for a while.

Blog Entries

Not really a nerve. Just a bit of frustration, really. My comment wasn't intended as "if you think you can do better ...." it was a genuine suggestion, that if you've the time and the inclination, you might like to have a go.
    Tim

Only just noticed the thread - I been away for 6-7 weeks, but this was created a while ago. Surely it needs to be sticky'd at the top of the recent posts so that it is always visible? I bet there's people that don't even know VOTM exists.

And voting aside, it's very useful for the time-strapped to have a shortlist with handy links to see what is the best on offer within the forum - this makes it a resource, as well as a comp - but it needs to be in our faces?

Thanks for the input. The poll has been placed in either the forum header or right hand column for the last year. There is also a dedicated forum for the polls, a dedicated forum for the winners and a dedicated group for the nominations. Each month I sit through all the videos abc select 5. I then place links ti those in the poll.

I honestly don't know what more I could do other than visit each of the members personally. It's clear to md that tgere's no appetite for the comp.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I honestly don't know what more I could do other than visit each of the members personally.
    Suits me, but I'll be out Friday!

It's clear to md that tgere's no appetite for the comp.
    Is this what typing on an iPad does, Marc? That's (almost) as bad as me on a proper keyboard.
    Tim

The poll has been placed in either the forum header or right hand column for the last year.
    I don't know what the 'forum header' is, and by the 'right' you mean the 'latest posts'? Either way I have not seen it at the top of the page, and personaly, I never sink below the top two columns. I sometimes regret that I can only see the last 10 current posts, because if you go away for 2 days, you lose track. Although my e-mail notifications help me with discussions, because I can link straight back to them.

Sometimes an owners perspective can be different to a users perspective, (on how they personaly work with the forum). There is no doubting the VOTM is a great concept, and I am sure 99% of people would agree it is valid in principle; so maybe the support is lacking because the awareness/exposure is missing?

I'm saying I don't want you to give up on VOTM, or feel despondant over lack of support. Because in principle the support is there, so maybe it's something else that is going wrong?

where are the videos for Jan, Feb and Mar of 2013?

According to my strategic plan, I'm a shoe-in for Aug 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12