Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Software to make sound clear

1. Default Software to make sound clear

Hello there.My question is: is there any program that make voices without noise with keeping its quality?I mean is there any software that when we use it we can make sounds louder without the ambiance sounds disturbs?Thank you.

No

Why?

You can spend ££££ on audio software, But you need to focus on the hard-ware i.e, What microphone you own, HOW you are using it, Is your gain structure correct, Distance between mic and speaker, Pop-shield? Windy conditions? In doors out doors? Room with dampened panels? Many factors play into audio recording, Least important among them is software.

If I plug in a £7 Ebay microphone, I'll get rubbish no matter what software I use to edit/clean up the audio.
    Last edited by Bpotter908; 02-03-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Thumbs up Great advice

Great advice

Plus it makes perfect sense top me personally (I am learning too here by the way). I suppose in perfect world your captured audio would need minimal editing to remove or fix problems caused from bad hardware, room acoustics and outside noise interference.

I am presently investing time; effort and not much money actually concentrating on improving my room’s acoustics on a shoestring budget (internal quilt booth area in big bad room) lots of reflection from metal everywhere!!!! NO wallpaper ,carpet bare ceiling basically echo heaven !!!

Plus getting the best mic you can afford which is specific for the job intended makes sense too.

Out of interest senior members???

In the perfect world should you try to spend the same £ on the (visual aspect) camcorder/camera of your set up and on the (audio aspect) microphone audio gear of your set up??

Interested to know what the more experienced guys /girls think on this??

Cheers everyone

Bob

IMO, Technique trumps fancy kit.

You can buy a shiny DPA mini mic at £1300, But if the audio engineer does not use it properly, A £200 mic in the hands of another engineer who can use it, Will do a better Job.

spido, - can you tell us if this is a specific gig, or a Q in general....?

A mic close to the subject (voice) will always be better than one a long way off.

You don't need to spend lots - unless your specific situation demands it....so over to you.

BTW I don't think there is any software that will make bad into good.... all you can hope is to reduce the original mistakes.

6. Default

Ahhh...thank you all. I am editing movie professionally for 4 years and many many people ask me to fix their awful sound recording and when I say its imposible they tell me:" no, there must be a way that YOU don't know."so i came here to ask you guys becouse you are experts and I appreciate your answers.

People always want to believe there is a way and they expect you to just do it because they want it that badly...sadly some are more ignorant of reality than others!

Or this amazing belief that I can take a static mid shot of a very BORING person, and somehow make them be incredibly interesting ( without using any cut-aways mind! )

TIC: Surely the mystical software is in development and for a modest payment (up front) you can secure an advance copy, much cheaper than when it's finalised . . . . oh sorry, this is sounding like a rip-off.

The ans to punters asking is to see if they are prepared to pay say £500?

I suspect background noise can be eliminated, by using phase-locking techniques but it requires a reduction in bandwidth compared with the original and (naturally) much computing power, something that "The Cloud" may promise.
    A similar thought process applies to steadying videos, since much of the subject will be present (here and there), it requires the between-frames are reconstructed, rather like some animation programs create the "between data"
    No doubt these will be available at a price, an exciting prospect for those developing the wobbles!

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    People always want to believe there is a way and they expect you to just do it because they want it that badly...sadly some are more ignorant of reality than others!
    to be honest there are ways to touch things up a bit, take down a low hum etc, but as they always say garbage in, garbage out. can prolly find a trial of soundforge or something just to play around with small bits of audio, without having to get too technical with it.

turn up the highs, turn down the low end stuff etc etc. t

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast