Thread: Logo Animation: Ideas

Arrow Logo Animation: Ideas

This is a rough low resolution sketch of my logo I wish to display at the beginning of my videos. I want to animate it, and do the sound effect shabang. So I figured I will need to use After Effects & Trapcode Particular, I currently just use Vegas.

I have a general layout in mind, somewhat copying the Sony Computer Entertainment intro from the PlayStation. I like how it starts black and fades up to white, logo has a simple animation then the text fades in on the top and bottom. Mine will say "Thibault Productions" on top and "www.NateTeebo.com" on the bottom, BUT I NEED IDEAS ON WHAT MY SIMPLE ANIMATION SHOULD BE (within the logo): PlayStation Intro 1080p [Remastered] - YouTube

My other layout/guideline on my logo animation is the space travel/warp speed effect. With a white background this is not really possible but I figured maybe I could invert the colors being black and white so that the stars begin black on the white background then the white fades to black and the black stars return to their native white?

Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

I whipped this up with Photoshop and Vegas + the second video in reverse. The music is temporary obviously but brings it together for now. The red and blue Yin Yang is the animation I was talking about, probably won't be keeping that design but I had an idea with some RGB bars. I'm limited here without AE I don't think there are many plug-ins available for Vegas for this type of application are there?

If the separate sections of the photoshop image were exported separately (with their own transparancy masks), might Vegas allow them to be added as separate layers; different effects and timings be applied to each section? I think Adobe offer a free, time restricted version of AE. But, whilst it becomes easy to use and provides astonishing effects, it has a steep learning curve.

You might be surprised what you can do just using a graphic and Sony Vegas. I made the opening MBP logo, the the logo at 15 seconds the logo at 30 seconds and the closing MBP logo in Vegas. If you explore the software beyond it's basic functions and think outside the box, you might be surprised at what you can do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    If the separate sections of the photoshop image were exported separately (with their own transparancy masks), might Vegas allow them to be added as separate layers; different effects and timings be applied to each section? I think Adobe offer a free, time restricted version of AE. But, whilst it becomes easy to use and provides astonishing effects, it has a steep learning curve.
    That's exactly what I did with the T logo and the yin yang.

I'll buy it I don't care, but the steep learning curve is what sucks.