Thread: Wedding day Flashbacks

Default Wedding day Flashbacks

Hi Always nice to do flashback of the wedding day to music that means something to the happy couple, sorry 5 mins long and quite a big download so may only be of interest to members that video weddings.
    http://www.libeceurope.com/email/webpreview.wmv

Well, I don't do weddings, but this is of great interest. It should arouse comment from many here. The cars look dated, but how old is it, and is it from cine?

It's nicely done. There's strategy to the whole piece, it's well planned and executed. I bet all attendees loved it. But if you'll forgive me, it's a bit formulaic. This is getting close to the distinction myself and others referred to when you commented on Marc's style.

It plods along. But I think its sense of occasion is a bit limp. Don't like buzzwords, but a little dynamism (or plain old zip) wouldn't come amiss.

I realise I could be misjudging - this may be what the couple wished, at a time when conventional meant conventional. Why black & white? I think these events cry out for colour.

Overall, very sweet, but it doesn't excite.

Absolutely stunning videography there. I wish my photography and camera techniques were as sharp as that.

On the video front though I think tone33 has a point. For me it appeared as though the music was (whilst no doubt chosen deliberately) added to the footage, as opposed to a marriage of the audio and video.

On these forums you will often see phrases like 'Edit to the beat' and 'pace the video to the music'. For me these basic concepts weren't really followed on this edit. As a result tone33 comments are quite valid.

Having said that its a very good video. Edit to the beat, keep the pace and you will transform a very good video into a first class montage.

Well done!

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Default Thanks for your time

Hi Thanks for taking the time to reply, i value your comments but your negatives was just what I was looking for, a nice sweet little peice just to end the video with giving the same feeling of looking back at the wedding as if in 20 years time (The cars look dated, but how old is it, and is it from cine?) Well it was from a wedding I did last year that was finished this last weekend , dont ask . The couple only came back to me after months of phone calls to tell them i need your choice of music, so I finished that section and the opening titles while they waited, nothing like a rush job lol
    I do have a piece from the same wedding and in colour that does follow the music slightly better than that if anybody would like to see it.

Oops forgot to add, I love the black and white (I am a monochrome fan).

Please do load the other piece, but I hope its smaller that 38Mb!

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Decent enough wedding video that most videographers would deliver, but not a great deal of individual styling and personality from the maker. More documentary like, which is probably exactly what the newlyweds commisioned.

Very nicely done archie123. I am sure that the wedding party was very pleased with your work as I know I would have been. Keep it up.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder