Thread: In need of help from video editors

Default In need of help from video editors

Hello, I am new here and I've been looking all over the internet for a forum that offers video editing help. I believe this may be the one and this isn't a serious problem or anything but just a question.

Just a quick intro to start things off so that we won't have any misunderstandings for those who reply to my thread. I am not new to video editing, I have been making videos for about 5 years now. I taught myself to use Sony Vegas thus I lack a lot of basic knowledge as well.

My question is...how would you recreate this..uhm..old parchment effect that you see in this video? Aquarion EVOL ED - YouTube
    And how would you recreate that line effect/transition?
    I've tried every FX that Sony Vegas comes with, I have not imported any FX's, and they can't seem to recreate that effect or even anything close to it. I tried looking for a picture of old grunge paper and they still didn't quite get it either.

Any advice? I use Sony Vegas 10.

Thank you for reading this
    Last edited by UeProductionz; 01-31-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Blog Entries

It doesn't look o me like the "parchment effect" as you put it is done in Vegas. As these are stills I'd create them in a graphics programe rather than an NLE.
    The transitions look like something organic - like the Pixelan Spicemaster.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It doesn't look o me like the "parchment effect" as you put it is done in Vegas. As these are stills I'd create them in a graphics programe rather than an NLE.
    The transitions look like something organic - like the Pixelan Spicemaster.
    What do you mean by organic? I've never heard anyone use that term in video editing before.

Blog Entries

Tim was describing the look to help you narrow down what was used. From the pixelan website
    Cutting-Edge Organic Effect Looks (PRO only). SM2.5 PRO's huge range of organic effects include bursts, climatics, plasmas, erosions, strokes, vapors, etc. These can be ideal for cutting-edge effect looks in music or sports videos, promotional work, multimedia, etc. Apply them as organic transitions or as organic animated mattes for OTHER effects in a clip (see below).

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Tim was describing the look to help you narrow down what was used. From the pixelan website
    Ohh, alright. Thank you very much

You may be able to use the Clouds, Marble media templates with key frames and chroma key to try and get that effect.

That's were I would start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    You may be able to use the Clouds, Marble media templates with key frames and chroma key to try and get that effect.
    A little bit of thinking outside the box does you good. Clever idea!
    Tim