Thread: Importing AVI to Premiere Pro 5.5 problem

1. Default Importing AVI to Premiere Pro 5.5 problem

Hi guys.

I'm trying to create a few video tutorials. I'm using a screen recorder to record my actions from the screen and it works very well indeed. I watch the .AVI back and all is good. I then import it into Premiere Pro 5.5 and drag it into my timeline. On my video output monitor the play back is jumpy and flashes slightly. At first I thought it was just playback problem, but when I exported it as a FLV the jumpyness and quirkyness were still there.

Anybody good any ideas why I cannot import an AVI correctly. The AVI plays perfectly in my media player, but not in Premiere Pro 5.5.

Many thanks.

Leroy

2. Default

I've just noticed that the AVI also plays back perfectly in my Source monitor too. Why does it not work in the output monitor?

Blog Entries

Do your project settings match the media?

4. Default

I'm getting an unspecified error when conforming the AVI too.

You'd better convert your files to MPEG-2 format. I'm not using Adobe Premiere, but some of my colleague like to edit with it. Sometimes they will meet such importing problems and I will help them convert files to mpeg-2, which is more compatible with Adobe. You can try this way. As for the converter, I'm using brorsoft video converter. It is cheap but surprises you with its clear interface, easy performance and great quality of the converted videos. You can give it a try. If you don't want to spend extra money, handbrake is a kind of choice. But it is too cheap to make you satisfied with the conversion speed and the qualit of the files. If you attach importance to your files, I suggest you brorsoft video converter.

Clearly the issue lies in your project settings, It is not Premier Pro's fault.

It plays fine in the source window, Which gives you the video file in it's original form ( Size, everything ) the output window gives it to you with the project properties turned on, Something is amiss there.

I've imported dozens of video formats, I've never had to convert to mpeg-2 to get Premier Pro to play nicely with .Avi - I think file conversion is like putting a plaster on a broken arm with this problem, Just fix the project properties and all will be well!

Try creating a new project and use the different settings templates until you find one that is suitable!