Thread: Wedding videographer needed for 25/08/12

Default Wedding videographer needed for 25/08/12

Were a couple on a budget, and are looking for some competitive prices.
    I understand a lower price can potentially equate to a lower standard; but hopefully some authentic new businesses and/or experienced students may be able to offer a video of a decent standard to us. (plus I found our photographer on a similar forum; and his work is fantastic)
    Please do not post back on this forum; as I won't be checking it!
    Any queries please contact me on louisahampson@hotmail.com .

I know you said don't reply cause you won't be checking back in, but others might, so I'll add my thoughts.
    From personal experience I know another couple who spotted a fantastic photographer's work and booked him. trouble was his 'fantastic' work was all copied and printed into an album from other togs. The mother of the bride, a photographer herself, actually spotted one of her own shots in his display album. After much blustering he admitted they were only 'examples' of what he could achieve. He coudn't and didn't!
    For anyone on a really tight budget,either accept a friend's offer to film and edit, or pay decent money to have it done properly.
    That way you know it'll be either wobbly with poorly connected scenes, or a joy to behold. But don't be convinced by 30 seconds of flashy online video/photos at a cheap rate, as any muppet can produce that.
    View a complete wedding day DVD and see why it takes a long, long time to produce one that will still be watched in 10-30 years time. A cheap version will always be regretted unless it's tinged with 'my mate filmed it', in which case it should be mainly quirky and funny.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by louisahampson View Post
    Any queries please contact me on tightfisted@hotmail.com .
    I hope that a moderator deletes the e-mail address. This is not only rude and insulting, it's an abuse of a forum intended to promote quality, not chapskates.

Blog Entries

I must admit the post got my back up a bit. But I tried to see it from the poster's point of view (I.e. had not interest in video). Plus, deleting the email would actually help her - I'd never advise anyone to post their email address on a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by louisahampson View Post
    Were a couple on a budget, and are looking for some competitive prices.
    I understand a lower price can potentially equate to a lower standard; but hopefully some authentic new businesses and/or experienced students may be able to offer a video of a decent standard to us. (plus I found our photographer on a similar forum; and his work is fantastic)
    Any queries please contact me on louisahampson@hotmail.com .
    what is your wedding location? PM me