Thread: Dropping of frames

Default Dropping of frames

Hey all, this is a virgin post by me, and i wish to ask all of you a question i had in mind, is there a solution for dropping frames, im currently transfering the vid through IEEE 1394 cable, and i have a 80 gigabyte hard drive, using a sony HCR-42E digital camocorder. Everytime i tried to capture the video on my dv to my computer i will drop frame, is there any way to counter this? Opinion would greatly be appreciated, i really hope to solve this problem fast as i am going to enter a competition soon. Thank all in advance

firewire should never drop frames. What's your pc spec? What app are you using to transfer the video?

Have you defragged?
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

my pc is currently running on celeron d 2.4ghz and im right now defragmenting my c: , im using adobe premiere to capture my video. Will post back when my drive finish defragmenting.

I have defragged, but it still drops frame in premiere pro . What is the problem?

i just realised tt it will drop frame with ulead mediastudio, premiere pro but not the encoder that comes with xp, is there any problem with my com?

it's cursed
    i eat hobbits!!!!!!

try DVio.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

I have tryed windv and dvio but it still drops frames, i can see that they drop frames after 7 to 8 second of no dropping framse and the rate of it is horrific, almost every frame were dropped? What could be the problem, could it be my processor, as it is a celeron D processor instead of a pentium 1.

Default Dropped Frames

Are you using just one hard drive ? Better with 2 one for your operating system and programmes and a video drive. Have you any anti virus software running in the background ? Press control alt delete just once and see whats running in the background. Have you got few editing programmes on your PC because Prem never sat too well with Eduis. On the Matrox RT2000 with prem there was one CD ripping programme that completey buggered the job up , but we have come along way since then thank god.