Thread: NEED HELP FAST How to get the same resolution in Premiere and After effects

Default NEED HELP FAST How to get the same resolution in Premiere and After effects

I'm about to do an animation of drawn artwork in 16:9.How do I to have the same resolution of pixels in Premiere (CS5) and After Effects (CS5.5)? The default settings in Premiere, 720x576, has a distorted aspect ratio of 1.4287, which makes it widescreen. So even though I have chosen the same number of pixels so the image is 16:9 in Premiere it is still 4:3 in After Effects because I can not seem to change the aspect ratio in After Effects.

Should I set a different number of pixels in After Effects, like 1050x576? (When I counted on it, it seemed that this is what pixel distortion in Premiere corresponds to in After Effects)

or

Should I create a custom resolution in Premiere, true widescreen, like1280x720? (do not really know how I can export in any sensible way because no codec seem to support custom settings)

or

Is there any other solution that I have missed?

Verygrateful forthe helpon the subject.
    Last edited by toxx; 01-26-2012 at 12:14 PM.

You can create your AE Comps at 1050x576 with square pixels right enough, that will work fine. It's what most do when working with graphics for import into a video sequence.

There's also a preset for PAL Widescreen Square Pixels, this will give you the same 1050x576.

You can also change aspect ratios in AE, if you choose the PAL widescreen (not square pixels, 1.42 PAR) preset and are seeing what looks like a 4:3 screen you need to toggle the display PAR preview (I stopped using after effects recently and don't have it installed to check it's proper name). There's a little icon below the screen, if I remember right it's a rectangle (screen) with arrows pointing both directions below it, this toggles between displaying the pixels stretched, as they will be in Premiere, or square with the image squashed.

It's not a render thing, just a display thing.

David.
    Last edited by david walsh; 01-26-2012 at 05:13 PM.