Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animation proramme

Default Animation proramme

Hi Guys

Just downloaded animation pro 3d software called Toon Boon. Looks impressive thought I would experiment. Looks like I'm in for a long learning curve with it. Anyone tried this or similar? and how long before you gave up with it?

I believe it's popular with Artists, but I suspect it requires shall we say Rather more art-Ability than I possess.

I've just followed a simple link to their website and am amazed at the starting-prices . . . . so it had better do a good job for you (to earn its keep, as it were).
    Do let us know how you get on, perhaps with an Early Trial to give us an idea of your starting-level . . . . . . . or you can just tell it (here), like it is.

I don't think I've seen much (here) on animation, so I guess it's a minority sport. Rather like Video mags on UK newsvendors - twenty mags for SLR's in general, better landscapes and all - yet none are about video.

The latest update on my Animation project. I have created an animation of the Titanic hitting the Iceberg, only the iceberg sinks not the ship. with great loss of ice.
    I am using a try version of Animation Pro There does not appear to be any time limit or spyware and no adverts with it.

No doubt about it, a lot of time and patience is required to start with. But the Video tutorials are great, covering the drawing basics right on to 3D movies. There are PDF Tutorials that help you create your first project. and help forums. If you download the try version it all looks a bit daunting to start with, its a full professional version. I know the software can do what I want, its just a case of time and patience to learn it. So far so good I have drawn the Ship and made it sale across the screen. then drawn the ice berg and animated it. The iceberg turns turtle and sinks. I am now working on the air bubbles as the berg sinks and the wash effects as the ship steams through the water and the funnel smoke. Will keep you updated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptionWorld View Post
    with great loss of ice.
    That creased me up!
    Tim

Certainly a nice twist on a well-known story.... was that Ice with lemon?

I'm guessing CaptionWorld you're an accomplished Artist, if drawing that ship (all those rivets, darn!). Perhaps you can say if it's possible to import (your own) photos and what does the program do with them?

BTW (you probably know this), one funnel never didn't smoke.

Was that Ice with lemon?

No. It was some pompas passenger wanted freshly frozen ice with his Martini. The captain clipped the iceberg so as to leave some on the fore deck. The ship was shaken but the passengers were not stirred by the ordeal.

I wish I was an artist would make things much easier, you can import images and Video into the programme. But I prefer to learn drawing on a computer and create my own images. This way at least you don't run into all that boring copyright rubbish. Time and patience is required makes it all the more interesting though.

Yes you are right! the back funnel was a ventilator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptionWorld View Post
    Yes you are right! the back funnel was a ventilator.
    Proving once again that the Digital Director is THE place to learn stuff!
    Tim

Second only to Wikipedia of course!

I have Toon Boom, though I'm still learning. It's very smooth and efficient, and I highly recommend it; though it is difficult to learn.

Great to see some positive feed back on Toon Boon.
    The only problem so far I have built two animated Titanic's and both have disappeared when I re open the programme. Leaving only the ice berg which was supposed to have sunk. Seems a bit spooky but it is the 100th aniversary this year in April of the sinking. Toon Boon are helping Caption World ship builders with our enqiuries. I have dived into the depths of the hard drive only to find unrecognizable wreckage of files that windows have given an extension to, and Windows doesn't recognize it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast