Thread: Audio Stutter in Premiere 1.5

Default Audio Stutter in Premiere 1.5

Okay, first of all, apologies if this has already been answered somewhere else, but I searched and searched and couldn't find any solutions.

I have two systems, an AMD Athalon XP 3200 with 1Gb RAM running XP Home SP1 and an AMD Athalon 64 3500+ running XP Home SP2

The slower computer is running Premiere 1.5 and the newer running Premiere 1.5.1 but for some reason, if I import video into the AMD64 system, and after Premiere has conformed the audio, the playback stutters. I've opened the same file up over an IEEE1394 network and it plays fine on the older system. Is there any options I may be missing in Premiere on the newer system that may cure this, or is it a Service Pack 2 or Premiere 1.5.1 issue.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

You can safely roll back to 1.5 as I believe 1.5.1 only adds HDV support. I wouldn't recommend going back to SP1 as despite what a lot of people say, it does fix security issues!

It could be a codec issue too. I have had this problem after installing conflicting applications/codecs.

Hmmmmmm

Think the whole codec thing may be an issue. I know I'd installed Canopus ProCoder on the new machine because I needed to convert some files over and was just going to convert them to straight VOB files as I didn't need to put any menu's or anything on the DVD, and then I realised I didn't have Nero installed, so I installed that, and after I did that, I realised the files I'd converted were too big to fit on a DVD so I went to convert them again, only to find that ProCoder wouldn't open the files, saying there was an AVI problem.

I tried repairing ProCoder, but it didn't seem to help, however, video files imported and conformed on the old PC seem to work fine on the new, but ones imported and conformed on the new PC don't work on the new PC but they do on the old. I'll have to have a look.

Question is, where do I find problematic codecs on the PC?

Blog Entries

If it was me, I'd just build the whole PC from scratch

but that's what I did :cry: