Thread: Can't copy files from DVD to HD to edit. ANy ideas??

Default Can't copy files from DVD to HD to edit. ANy ideas??

I'm running a windows XP set up. I gig processor, 512 ram, 40 HD. I've just installed a Sony Dru 710a dvd burner with nero software. I've managed to burn a disk and it plays back ok in the windows media player but not the nero media player for some reason. Any way that's another problem. What I'm looking to do is burn all my files to dvd disk then download them onto the hard drive as and when I need them and edit them in premiere 6. But I can't copy the files over. (there avi's) In fact when ever I try to either open a file in explorer or copy a file over the whole sytem crashes. Wipe out.
    Am I doing the correct thing (procedure)?? Is there another way or is there a conflict here?? Any ideas???

P Marlow

not really the correct way to "SOLVE" but a work around...

try copying to hdd via NERO, by making a image file. As if you were making a copy.

Then use "ISO BUSTER" to rip the image files to get your video files from the dvd.

This is assuming your dvd is of avi files you have backed up...
    2 x 21\" HITACHI super contrast monitors.....2 x 200 gig HDD\'s....2 x 512mb dane-elec pc3200.....TV in card (cheap and sh!t!)....3.2 P4 HT....BOARD - ASUS P4C800 - C delux (fsb 800mhz DUAL DDR 400)....GRAPHICS - ATI 256ddr POWERCOLOUR Radeon 9600XT (500mhz/400mhz)....MATROX RT.X100 real time editing card

don't know if this will help you out, but someone might benefit, but I had a similar problem when I backed up a load of avi files to dvd,
    I tried to copy them back over using my DVD rom drive, and it didnt work, but it did work when I used the drive I burned the DVD's with.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Thanks for your suggestions here. I'll try these out when I get a chance. Snowed under with work but thanks again.

Paul