Thread: How to handling event pan/crop in GIF image synchronized with the video track?

1. Default How to handling event pan/crop in GIF image synchronized with the video track?

Hello,

I am making a simple animation in Vegas 11 where a GIF image is over the video track. The problem is that I couldn't obtain accuracy in the GIF position along the video in timeline. When I am using the "video event FX" and adding keyframes to GIF I am unable to see the position of the video bellow. In preview window I can see just the GIF animation. The video still stopped. Is there any way to obtain a synchronization between the pan/crop I am doing in GIF image and the video position in time line?

Thanks in advance,
    Cadu

2. Default

Actually, what I want is to make a bee (GIF IMAGE) fly around the head of someone that is walking (video). But when handling "video event FX" and adding keyframes to GIF, I can't see the guy walking then I can't put the bee in the place I want to.

Blog Entries

The video event is the bee. Nothing else.
    Use track motion.
    Tim

4. Default

Thanks for the answer. Track motion improved the way I was trying. But the problem of keyframe timeline and main timeline still the same. Just when both time line are in same time position I can do what I would like. But 1 second ahead in keyframe timeline and I cant see the video position any more. The bee moves but the video still stopped. Could both move together. Something like moving keyframe timeline and main timeline together, as a group.

5. Default

In pan/crop interface there is at the bottom left a icon with a lock. When I clicked in it the both timelines were synchronized.
    Best,
    Cadu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cadu View Post
    In pan/crop interface there is at the bottom left a icon with a lock. When I clicked in it the both timelines were synchronized.
    Ahhh, yes. That as well! Sorry, I neglected to mention that (probably as I always have it turned on)
    Tim