Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botched transfer Film to Video

Default Botched transfer Film to Video

I have a video of my fathers 16mm film. Somehow some parts of the film are now on video left to right. Film wrong way round during transfer?

How can I correct this in Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10?

I know I can enhance the film quality etc, but can't "flip" the clip.

PanCrop "Flip" horizontally. Job done!

Sorry to appear dumb, I'm just rying to get to grips with Vegas. The film I have is 24 minutes long. How can I cut it into individual clip files for re-assembly into a better order. The film is now in one file.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arfer View Post
    Sorry to appear dumb, I'm just rying to get to grips with Vegas. The film I have is 24 minutes long. How can I cut it into individual clip files for re-assembly into a better order. The film is now in one file.
    OK. You do appear dumb . Or rather ignorant. Do yourself a favour and run through the interactive tutorials under "Help". Basic functions like splitting a clip (or "event" as it is known in Vegas once it is on the timeline) are lesson 1 in any NLE. It will only take a few minutes and you'll potentially save yourself lots of time looking in the wrong place for something.
    Tim

Thanks. I had tried the Interactive tutorial earlier.

When editing Cine Film, one cuts the developed strip of film, rearranges the slices and then glues the cut bits back in a new order.

I must have 50 or more bits to juggle with. What I would like to do is save these bits into, say, 5 groups of 10 bits, then put them together in a more appropriate order.

Cutting out a bit and pasting it where seems approriate and then going back and cutting another seems rather convoluted, I had hoped there would be a more intuitive way.

Not familiar with Vegas. I use Pinnacle studio. Cant you just drag the whole film into the time line then cut trim move the scenes around in the order you want?

Juggling 50 or so clips. Would love to save each clip as a separate FILE ON DISK then reload in preferred order.

Blog Entries

Use the "S" key to split them
    Move them around on the timeline.
    When you have a group that you are satisfiedl with the odered, select them all and press "G" to group them together.

Of course you can make this easier by moving the groups onto different tracks so you acn see more at once on the monitor.

Don't really see what the problem is. Most of my films have several hundred "bits" to juggle with. Physically rearranging them is the least of my worries.
    Tim

Thanks for putting up with a novice editor. Guess my thinking was dominated by seeing my father cut and splice his cine film over 60 years ago!

I now have to work on 10gb of files, with no scene longer than 20 secs! Originals from the 1930s to late 50s.

Wish me luck, it should, at least, generate experience.

" Guess my thinking was dominated by seeing my father cut and splice his cine film over 60 years ago!"

When I started filming Wedding Videos in the early 1980's Video cameras where big, few,far between, and expensive. Guests thought I had to send the video cassette away for development then edit by cutting and splicing the video tape. When I played back scenes to them through the view finder at the venue there were gasps of shear amazement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast