Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap 4k

Default Cheap 4k

Anyone thinking about a new camera soon might want to look here. But I'm sure this will be followed by a number of competitors option over the next year or so.

JVC Unveils World’s First Handheld 4K Camcorder | JVC Consumer Press Releases

David.

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and thought the same thing. I hope Panasonic bring out a 4k version of the AF100.

I was hoping to be looking into a Canon EOS C300 towards the end of the year, it shoots 1080p but the sensor is 4k native. My first thoughts when I seen the JVC GY-HMQ10 was similar to yours, what's coming, anything with larger sensors and what price range will they step up to?

I recon similar Sony/Panasonic cameras with large sensors and attached lenses should probably be in the EOS C300 price range (but without lens). It takes it into a completely different price range from the JVC but maybe a firmware update to the Canon would be possible.

David.

The C300 is way out of my price range, more like half that price. That's why I'm hoping they will spruce up the AF101. I've even been thinking about getting a DSLR But don't tell Tim.

A DSLR is an excellent tool, it's just a big compromise to get close to a proper film makers camera at a low cost. The C300 is the same thing, but a lot closer.

Only time will tell with the cost of 4k cameras. the C300 is a tad over 10k for just the body and I have a feeling what you desire will be close to 10k. There seems to be a slot there for it in the market place, but maybe featuring them out to fit around the 6-8k could be tempting for the manufacturers.

David.

all these new cams are good news, competition will drive down prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    . I've even been thinking about getting a DSLR :
    Cool !

all these new cams are good news, competition will drive down prices.
    This is my hope. I've looked into my cristal ball and see 4k cameras under 5000. We will also have 4k Tv's by then so we can appreciate them.

I've looked into my cristal ball and see 4k cameras under 5000
    I'd like to see that too, but I recon it's only going to be smaller sensors and non interchangeable lenses at that price for what looks like is coming soon. There's probably a bigger market place for the larger sensors and interchangeable lenses but hoping they see a place for something in a sub 10k market.

David.

10. Post

Unfortunately the C300 is priced pretty high at $16,000 US, however just check out the features of this machine. Quite Remarkable!

The new Canon EOS C300 explained (for photographers).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast