Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Videos

Blog Entries

Default Wedding Videos

Don't do them! At peak rate, my stress levels were as high as they've ever been! It's just a good job I love editing!

Pah.

That's hardly the talk of a professional! :twisted:

So how did it go?

Blog Entries

As expected for such short notice! I stressed that I need to be at the church VERY early to set up... I was there 2 - 3 hours early but couldn't get into the church until 30 mins before the wedding! Tlak about no time to set up. Then I had the bride's back for too many shots (only choice was to the right from the front :-(). The vicar told the photographer off, and the best man refused to do a speech!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    As expected for such short notice! I stressed that I need to be at the church VERY early to set up... I was there 2 - 3 hours early but couldn't get into the church until 30 mins before the wedding! Tlak about no time to set up. Then I had the bride's back for too many shots (only choice was to the right from the front :-(). The vicar told the photographer off, and the best man refused to do a speech!
    sounds like a bloody nightmare marc. Rather you than me, mate.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

Default Stress

I was once half way through a wedding using a borrowed JVC500 and the viewfinder packed up as they made their vows, I could not reach the spare camera which was packed neatly in a nearby camera bag. I could feel the sweat running from my forehead and back as the stress levels went through the roof, my life flashing before me as i begged god to turn back time. All I could do was pull back and take the wide shot and hope, anyway it was just the viewfinder and I got away with it.

Default Re: Stress

Quote Originally Posted by archie123
    I was once half way through a wedding using a borrowed JVC500 and the viewfinder packed up as they made their vows, I could not reach the spare camera which was packed neatly in a nearby camera bag. I could feel the sweat running from my forehead and back as the stress levels went through the roof, my life flashing before me as I begged god to turn back time. All I could do was pull back and take the wide shot and hope, anyway it was just the viewfinder and I got away with it.
    So your conclusion would be like: "never borrow camcorders to shoot events as you will eventually screw up both the device and the event" ? I've learned that lesson, too. Years ago, at a wedding, I was using a 10-year old Panasonic MS 1, looking in the b/w viewfinder and hoping to have done the white balance right, when someone stepped on the coupling of my power adaptor in the church, in a very important moment. The work of the devil, obviously. You can imagine the rest.
    Like Murphy said, if something can ever go wrong, then it will.

Blog Entries

Gotta love this one - someone must have turned off the wireless transmitter. Got loads of crystal clear audio on the 2nd channel, then it STOPS. Loads of battery power left :-(

Nightmare!! Did you have a spare camera, just in case?

Blog Entries

I had the XL2 up high on a tripod meaning the reciever I'd placed on the accessory shoe was out of sight (lesson to Marc, make sure you can always see the reciever!). I was only using one channel for this, so at least I got the ambient sound from chanels 1/2. Problem is that there was no speeches as such, just impromptu messages from the mum and friends (no best man speech, and the groom thanked everyone for coming to his "hen" night). Oh and the mum was wispering (even the guests sitting a few meters away couldn't hear her!).

I'll get the video of the pre-ceromony uploaded tonight!

Blog Entries

Now I know my camera work needs a fair bit of work, but here's the montage of the church.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/claire-web.avi

It's MASSIVE for just 4 mins I'm afraid, but you've all got broadband I'm sure !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast