Thread: Rendering problem

1. Default Rendering problem

I've been trying to render several projects (several properties and different render settings so no use in stating them here, the problem isn't related to that) and every time I render something and leave my computer for a while the render freezes.
    It is more or less still rendering at about 1 frame per 10 minutes, but nothing is really happening, the percentage isn't moving and my pc is pretty much frozen. When I check the ram status it's almost at 100% constantly. I've turned off the screen going into screensaver mode etc. in case that was causing it but that wasn't it. Now another thing is I've tried rendering a slowmo clip slowed down by twixtor (720p mp4 format), the clip is about 30 seconds long, it gets to the part where the clip ends the slowmo and only has to render the last 4-5 seconds of normal speed footage but there it does the same as with the other renders when I leave the pc rendering for a while.

I'm not sure what other information to add so please ask me if you need more information.
    I have 4GBs of DDR3 ram, i7 860 processor and GPU rendering is turned off, I'm using Vegas Pro 11.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: So did another render and it seems the longer it renders the more the RAM fills up and the pc slowly becomes unusable.. is this because I'm trying to render a 30 seconds slowmo with twixtor (are you just not meant to do that?) or is there another cause?
    Last edited by Rawrgrablle; 01-17-2012 at 06:05 PM.