Thread: How do I add a small bit of movement to hide the fact a tripod is being used?VEGAS9

Default How do I add a small bit of movement to hide the fact a tripod is being used?VEGAS9

I do quiet a lot of boxing interviews for websites but think it would look better if there was a small bit of movement in the video to hid the fact that a tripod is being used.

How can this be done using Sony Vegas pro9

Here is an example of one of my interviews Jason Cook speaks about upcoming fight with Curtis Woodhouse - YouTube

Thanks

There are two way to simulate motion one is through track motion, the other is using the pan/crop tool. Skilfully adding subtle motion with keyframes with either of these tools will work.

I forgot to say there is a plug in (New Blue FX) you can get to simulate the hand held look but why pay money to make something look worse. There is an example of it's use HERE

Have you watched "Raging Bull" - I managed to buy the 2-DVD set which includes a further hour of Director's clips and presented by the Editor, explaining some of the techniques.

I watch that linked-vimeo (thanks MidnightBlue), and didn't think the movement was worthwhile.

Perhaps Vegas needs a new option which does the reverse of Stabalisation?
    Last edited by vidmanners; 01-21-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks to the ever knowledgable ZCheema, he pointed out a script you can get for Vegas Pro called Quake 8 which if you reduce the settings down quite low looks a bit like wobbly hand held. It seems to use the Pan/crop tool to add the movement to the image.