Thread: Strange Audio Problems?

Question Strange Audio Problems?

So long story short, my audio is randomly cutting out and starting over from the beginning of the video clip after a prolonged period of time.

The clip I'm editing is 3 hours long; but I have an extremely good custom-built computer that is made for video rendering. The file itself is fine throughout the entire raw video, but yet in Sony Vegas Pro, after about a half hour into the video, the audio enters a looping process where only the audio from the very beginning of the 3 hour clip is played and repeated over and over again.

I tried rendering, and the rendered file still had this audio problem, despite the fact that the audio in the raw video file is fine prior to rendering.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Is it a separate audio recording to the video? Is there a little knick on the top of the audio file on the time line at the point when it "starts from the beginning" again. Have you done any time stretching in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Is it a separate audio recording to the video? Is there a little knick on the top of the audio file on the time line at the point when it "starts from the beginning" again. Have you done any time stretching in the video.
    They were recorded at the same time using the Hauppauge HD PVR. The video and audio are obviously on two different tracks in Sony Vegas Pro, but they are still both in the same file.

I have reloaded the program with just the file unedited and it does the same thing at approximately the same point in time. There is no tick or any type of denotation at that point in time, it looks as normal as every other area of the track.

Here's the weird thing, when the audio track is viewed normally after being loaded into Sony Vegas, the wavelengths on the track match what SHOULD be happening in the video, yet when I zoom in on the audio track far enough (using the scroll wheel), the wavelengths suddenly change to match the repeated audio. How strange...

Oh my ! That is weird. If this problem only occurs on this particular recording then we would have to assume that it is some strange corruption of the time code that Vegas picks up on. You could try converting the video file to another format to see if doing this will repair the problem.

This is the only thing I can think of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Oh my ! That is weird. If this problem only occurs on this particular recording then we would have to assume that it is some strange corruption of the time code that Vegas picks up on. You could try converting the video file to another format to see if doing this will repair the problem.

This is the only thing I can think of doing.
    Whelp, I've gone ahead and used AoA Audio Extractor to export just the audio from the file into a new .mp3, and that seems to have remedied the problem. Very strange indeed, but at least it is working now!

Thank you a bunch for your help. =]

I'm glad you got a solution.