Thread: On-board PitBike video

Default On-board PitBike video

Demon X 125cc - YouTube
    Still getting used to sony vegas, messing around with a few effects, bit of a slow start, gets a bit better towards the end. Feedback would be nice

and before anyone says, yes, the beginning is cheesy..

Well I liked it, - esp as a first attempt with the VS Editor.
    Being an old-fashioned type, I'm not too keen on vocal soundtracks and would have liked more ambient sound. The main vid needs to be a few degrees up, but maybe that will upset the exposure....What camera is this....like a "Hero" perhaps with no viewing screen? I think you need a few "cutaways" (e.g. showing the rider approaching his mates at the top of the field). This is extra work, but a few passes LH, RH (and Centres?) can be slipped into the main body. Allow just over 1 second so the viewer can focus on the new image.

A few starting shots of the bikers preparation and attaching straps helps build the story....you'll need a shoulder-mount for these to mimimise wobbles. If the focus is fixed, a CU lens could be held in place (after some experimenting.)

I noticed some barrel distortion and whilst that's to be expected with a micro-camera, it means you shouldn't pan, which emphasises* the fact. (in general no-one should quickly). In reality for Vids you'll soon need another camera and tripod (painted Orange!). You might find the helmet-cam becomes source for cutaways when in the open, but not for woodlands/scrub.
    If there are cows in the next field, with a zoom you can catch them by panning so it "matches" the movement the rider would see - maybe this is the only time a "fast pan is good"? If you can record a passing "Moo" that would be brilliant audio.

I bet yr mates were green with envy?
    Good Luck.

* most noticed at the start, before you were riding...

Cheers for the feedback, will take all that on board. Yep its a hero2 with no view finder. That was the first time i went out with it so i need to experiment with the angles etc. Its funny you should say "Showing the rider approaching his mates at the top of the field" because i put a clip in of me doing exactly that at the end but unfortunately it didn't fit with the music. The main objective of this video is to show people that are interested in buying the same bike as me what they can do. You can check my YouTube channel for other amateur videos if you have some spare time. Thanks once again, George.