I did a pretty good job in narrowing down to 2 in my opinion very similar camcorders, and now it drives me mad to make the final decision. Most of the videos I shoot are casual scenes in auto mode, however, occasionally I like to fiddle with manuals to overcome camera's shortcomings or use an art style.
My top requirements for a camcorder (on the top the most important):
1. Great low light abilities. It seams both of them are pretty good at this, but JVC is slightly better and I am not sure if I can battle noise on Panasonic by using manual controls to reduce ISO/exposure.
2. Good bright light abilities, ability to handle bright and dark areas in a scene. Panasonic looks better in this area.
3. Great zoom. Both have, only JVC has slightly more.
3. Adequate manual controls. Panasonic has more of them. From what I have red, JVC has manual focus, but not sure how about manual ISO/exposure.
4. Price. Panasonic is slightly more expensive, but I am ready to pay extra if it is worth the price. JVC low light vs Panasonic bright light. Panasonic manual controls vs JVC price. I am stuck!
So what would you consider a better camcorder?